International master trainer Shay Kostabi is not just an amazing trainer, an innovative entrepreneur, and a mover & a shaker (literally), she is also a pro at getting the perfect action shot.
Whether you're a fitness newbie, an aspiring model, or somewhere in between, Shay's got some great tips for everyone when trying to capture that perfect moment.
5 Posing Tips by Shay Kostabi:
1. It's very important not to worry about looking stupid or silly. Some of the best images are created when the 'poser' is just moving or making shapes with freedom from thought.
2. Take inspiration from some of your favorite yogi, dancer, model, fitness experts but don't try to recreate their pose or vibe. You'll end up being disappointed that your photo doesn't have the same qualities. We suggest being inspired by the moment and the atmosphere for the best shots.
3. If there is high contrast of light and shadow, either find the light and turn your face toward the sun or find the softer light in the shadow and make sure you're covered evenly.
4. You don't have to be an acro yogi or have superhuman abilities to take great shots. Play with colorful, interesting backgrounds and strike any pose with confidence and we promise you'll get a great shot. Oh, and energize your limbs! Make sure you're activated from fingers to toes it helps bring life to your poses.
5. When in doubt... jump it out. We do something we call "The Coco Rocha Technique." You'll have to come to a Local Skill event to find out more but a jump shot always showcases your exuberance and vitality and creates a fun image.
We give posting tips at Posing School too. How to color adjust, when to use filters, what apps we love for editing and posting and so much more!
If you're in LA, you can sign up for a workshop with Shay with The Local Skill, her company that curates unique experiences merging art and wellness.
Follow Shay on Instagram @ShayKostabi for more inspiring shots!