Cauliflower takes to many different kinds of spices, so have fun with this dish and make it to your liking!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2-3 tbsp of cooking fat: either EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil), melted butter, coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- Optional: spices and seasonings of your liking, i.e. lemon-pepper, Italian, garlic powder or chili powder
- Preheat over to 375ºF, line a large baking sheet with foil and brush foil with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Cut 1-inch-thick slices from a head of cauliflower. You can usually get 3 from a medium to medium-large head. Reserve the remaining cauliflower for another use.
- Brush cauliflower steaks all over generously with fat (i.e. extra-virgin olive oil, melted grass-fed butter or ghee, melted coconut oil)
- Sprinkle generously with salt.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden on underside. Flip steaks and roast 10 to 15 minutes longer, until tender, cooked through and golden on both sides. Serve right away, as a light main dish or on the side with a protein.
Recipe by Beth Lipton
Want more from Beth? Visit StriveNourishPlay.com or follow her on Instagram: @Cookiepie0402
Beth Lipton is a health coach, recipe developer and food writer. She's the food director at Health magazine and has authored 2 cookbooks (Peaches by Short Stack Editions and You Made That Dessert?). She graduated from the chef's training program at Natural Gourmet Institute and from the health coach training program at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. As a coach, she works with clients one-on-one and in groups to help them create personalized strategies so they can reach and exceed their wellness goals. She has run 4 marathons and loves doing anything active, including weights, barre classes and spinning. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband and daughter.
Leave a Reply.