Recipe: Seaweed-Avocado Bites
This tasty snack satisfies many different cravings at once: it's crunchy, creamy, salty, and comes together in seconds.
- 1 ripe avocado
- Handful of roasted seaweed (Beth recommends SeaSnax brand because it's made with EVOO instead of canola or vegetable oil, which aren't as good for you)
- Drizzle of EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)
- Hemp seeds or finely chopped almonds
-Halve a ripe avocado and remove the flesh from one side of the peel. (Leave the pit in the other half, press plastic wrap directly onto the exposed flesh and refrigerate it for another use. Use it within a day.)
-Slice the avocado half
- Cover 3 to 4 pieces of roasted seaweed with avocado slices.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and snack away.
- Optional: Drizzle with melted coconut oil instead of olive.
- Optional: Sprinkle Sriracha or another hot sauce on top. Sprinkle on hemp seeds or finely chopped almonds.
Recipe by Beth Lipton
Want more from Beth? Visit StriveNourishPlay.com or follow her on Instagram: @Cookiepie0402
Beth Lipton is a health coach, recipe developer and food writer. She's the food director at Health magazine and has authored 2 cookbooks (Peaches by Short Stack Editions and You Made That Dessert?). She graduated from the chef's training program at Natural Gourmet Institute and from the health coach training program at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. As a coach, she works with clients one-on-one and in groups to help them create personalized strategies so they can reach and exceed their wellness goals. She has run 4 marathons and loves doing anything active, including weights, barre classes and spinning. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband and daughter.
Leave a Reply.